Update as of Tuesday, June 2nd—Coronavirus Pandemic
June 2, 2020 – Effective Immediately, Fairfield County Animal Control will be closed to the public.
Due to a possible exposure to COVID-19 and in an abundance of caution, Fairfield County Animal Control will be closed to the public. We will only be responding to emergency calls.
Effective April 21, 2020, Fairfield County Recycling Centers will return to its normal hours of operation.
Winnsboro, S.C. (March 30, 2020) – In an effort to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus, Fairfield County Government is taking the precautionary measures stated below to ensure the safety of employees and citizens. It is our goal to continue to provide quality service to our citizens. At this time, County offices will remain open for normal business hours. However, communication with the general public will be limited to phone, fax, or email communications. For departmental services offered and contact information, please visit our website at www.fairfieldsc.com. Special accommodations for services may be considered by departments on a case-by-case basis. Citizens and vendors should contact departments directly for any questions regarding services offered or canceled. The following departmental modifications have been made:
Facilities/Departments closed to the general public until further notice:
Fairfield County Governmental Complex – Effective March 19, 2020
- Sheriff’s Office (803) 635-4141, Emergency Management (803) 635-5505, Administration (803) 635-1415, Finance (803) 712-6506, Purchasing (803) 815-4042, Information Technology (803) 815-4034, Human Resources (803) 712-6507, Delegation (803) 815-4037.
Fairfield County Animal Shelter (803) 815-0805 – Effective March 18, 2020
Fairfield County Recreation (803) 635-9114 – Effective March 17, 2020
Fairfield County Public Works (803) 635-5209 – Effective March 19, 2020
- Recycling Centers will be open Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Citizens should be prepared to unload recyclables and trash without assistance
Fairfield County Transit (803) 635-6177 – Effective March 19, 2020
Fairfield County Detention Center (803) 635-4841 – Effective March 12, 2020
Fairfield County Community Development (Courthouse Annex) – Effective March 19, 2020
- Building Permit submittals may be made by picking up the forms at the door of the Planning, Building and Zoning office at 117 S Congress St. Completed submittals and any hard copies of large documents/plans are then brought to the dropbox located at the entrance to the Fairfield County Administration building at 350 Columbia Rd. For questions, please contact the Planning, Building and Zoning Office at (803) 712-6596 or email Chris Clauson at Chris.Clauson@fairfield.sc.gov. Clearly mark documents to the attention of the Community Development Department as this box will be used for all Administration Building functions. We will be checking the box daily and appreciate your patience during this time.
- Commercial and Residential Project submittals (Plats, Zoning, Subdivision, and Land Development) may be submitted electronically to Jeff DeWitt Jeff.Dewitt@fairfield.sc.gov and Chris Clauson Chris.Clauson@fairfield.sc.gov for review. Signing off on plats will be conducted by appointment only and only after having reviewed electronically and received approval. To schedule an appointment call Jeff DeWitt at (803) 815-4078 or Chris Clauson at (803) 815-4031.
- Code enforcement violations can be sent to Officer Monica Johnson at Monia.Johnson@fairfield.sc.gov for addressing when County operations return to normal. Any emergency should be reported by calling 911.
Fairfield County Fire Service (803) 712-1070 (office) – Effective March 19, 2020
Fairfield County Coroner’s Office (803) 635-9513 – By Appointment Only – Effective March 19, 2020
JB Floyd Building – Effective March 19, 2020
Fairfield County Museum (803) 635-9811- Effective March 19, 2020
Fairfield County Magistrate Office (803) 635-4525 – Effective March 19, 2020
Fairfield County Treasurer and Delinquent Tax Offices – Effective March 19, 2020
- The Treasurer and Delinquent Tax offices are encouraging citizens to make their tax payments by one of the following methods:
- Mailing check or money order to:
- Fairfield County Treasurer – Post Office Box 7, Winnsboro, SC 29180
- Delinquent Tax Collector – P.O. Drawer 60, Winnsboro, SC 29180
- Deposit check/money order in our drop box located in front of the Main Courthouse Building located at 101 Congress Street, Winnsboro, SC 29180
- Make a credit /debit card payment online at www.fairfieldsctax.com. The 2% fee cannot be waived online.
- Call (803) 815-4020 to pay vehicle or 2020 boat or motor taxes without a fee until further notice.
- Call (803) 815-4023 to pay 2019 taxes without a fee until further notice.
- All tax receipts will be mailed as quickly as they are processed. If residents feel they must conduct business in the office please call at the numbers below
- Treasurer’s Office (803) 815-4016, 4017 or 4018.
- Delinquent Tax Office (803) 815-4021 or 4022.
- Please contact the Delinquent Tax Collector concerning redemptions.
Fairfield County Auditor’s Office (803) 712-6524 – Effective March 19, 2020
- The Fairfield County Auditor’s office will be accepting phone calls at (803) 712-6524, faxes at (803) 635-2767, email – Wanda.Chappell@fairfield.sc.gov and Peggy.Hensley@fairfield.sc.gov .
- Residents can also submit the following documents in dropbox located outside the Fairfield County Courthouse, 101 South Congress Street, Winnsboro, S.C. 29180.
- New purchase of a motor vehicle – COPY of title front and back and copy of South Carolina driver’s license reflecting your Fairfield County address, or, you may apply to Department of Motor Vehicles for a 45-day tag if you do not have the necessary paperwork.
- New purchase of watercraft – COPY of title front and back, together with a copy of driver’s license reflecting your Fairfield County address.
- License plate transfer – Contact the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Fairfield County Assessor’s Office (803) 712-6520 - Effective March 19, 2020
- Residents can submit the following documents via a drop box located at the front of the Courthouse at 101 South Congress Street in Winnsboro:
- Legal Residence Application and required documents
- Agricultural Application
- Change of Address forms
- Appeal Applications
- The applications and documents may also be mailed to: Fairfield County Assessor’s Office, P.O. Drawer 60, Winnsboro, SC 29180
Register of Deeds/Fairfield County Clerk of Court (803) 712-6526 – Effective March 19, 2020
- For copies of documents, call (803) 712-6526 or email at:
- Documents that should be recorded should be mailed to the Clerk of Court’s office or put in our dropbox it a self-addressed, stamped envelope enclosed: Fairfield County Clerk of Court, P.O. Drawer 299, Winnsboro, SC 29180
Fairfield County Family Court (803) 712-6528 – Effective March 19, 2020
Fairfield County Probate Judge (803) 712-6519 - Effective March 19, 2020
- If you have questions regarding marriage license applications, estate or conservatorship/guardianship filings, please call our office.
- You may also e-mail questions to: Sharon.Peak@fairfield.sc.gov or Pam.Renwick@fairfield.sc.gov
- At this time, filings may be submitted by mail or in the drop box provided outside.
- For information about mental health commitments, please contact the Fairfield County Mental Health Clinic at (803) 635-4689.
Fairfield County Voter Registration (803) 635-6255 – Office will remain open
For additional contact information, please visit the Fairfield County Departmental Directory