Fire Services Frequently Asked Questions

A: Call 1-800-986-5162

A: The only items that are legal to burn are yard debris.

You ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BURN the following items:

• Household garbage & Trash
• Paper
• Motor & Waste Heating Oil
• Roofing materials such as shingles & tar
• Tires & other rubber products
• Plastics
• Paints
• Household cleaners
• Farm Chemicals
• Electrical Wires
• Insulation & Ductwork

For more information about outdoor burning, please refer to the Burn Regulations posted on the SC Forestry Commission website.

A: Come by Fire Marshal’s office located at 880 West Moultrie St, Suite 300, Winnsboro, SC 29180 or local fire station to pick up an application. You must be at least 18, have a high school diploma or GED, clean driving record, and pass a SLED background check.