Welcome to the Fairfield County Planning, Building & Zoning Office’s Code Enforcement web page. We hope that the information provided herein is both informative and helpful. The Fairfield County Code Enforcement’s main objective is to sustain acceptable community standards as noted by the Fairfield County Ordinances. The mission statement of this office is “Providing overall health, safety, and welfare for the community”. Our officers are here to assist the citizens of Fairfield County through the avenues of community awareness and interactions.
Community Development Director
Fairfield County, South Carolina
The mission of the Building Division is to protect the health, safety and welfare of the residents of Fairfield County by providing a safe, and durably built environment through the enforcement of the code and standards prepared by the state of South Carolina.
- Conduct plan review
- Issue building permits
- Inspect all building activity
- Locate and stop work that is unsafe or not permitted
The mission of the Code Enforcement Division is to sustain acceptable community standards that provide for the overall health, safety, and welfare for the community in accordance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Respond to all violation complaints and ensure fair and consistent response
- Patrol within developed areas to ensure code compliance
- Order demolitions of derelict structures
- Ensure proper upkeep of yards
- Enforce litter ordinance and order the removal of litter or coordinate inmate labor if no culprit is identified
Grants & Special Projects Division
The mission of the Grants & Special Projects Division is to secure and administer outside funding sources to provide for the overall health, safety, and welfare for the community in accordance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Administer any and all grants secured by the County
- Primarily financial accounting
- Coordinate with Departments or Agency heads on full administration
- Identify and assist each Department in securing grant funding for County led initiatives
- Provide project management assistance for County led projects
Planning & Zoning Division
The mission of the Planning & Zoning Division is to maintain and improve the quality of life of all residents of Fairfield County by providing excellent planning and zoning services in accordance with all local, state and federal regulations to achieve the vision of the County Comprehensive Plan and enhance the natural and built environment.
- Revise and update all local planning documents
- Conduct plan review
- Issue zoning compliance permits
- Inspect all development activity
- Review all plats and property subdivisions