Probate Court Specific Functions
The Fairfield County Probate office DOES:
- Provide support for family members/attorneys to handle a deceased person’s affairs
- Issue marriage licenses and certified copies of marriage licenses
- Appoint and supervise conservators and guardians
- Approve minor settlements and wrongful death settlements
This office DOES NOT:
- Hear criminal cases. We are not associated with the Probation and Parole Department or the criminal justice system in any way.
- Write wills. Please contact your attorney to have your will prepared or if you need the name of an attorney who can prepare your will, contact the South Carolina Lawyer’s Referral Service at 1-800-868-2284.
Probate Court Contact Information
Main Office Phone: 803-712-6519
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM
Physical: 101 South Congress Street, Winnsboro, South Carolina 29180
Mailing: P.O. Box 385, Winnsboro, South Carolina 29180