Office: Economic Development
Salary: $53,000 - $65,000 FULL-TIME
Announcement Date: 01/11/2024
- Meets with and manages economic development projects as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of prospect information at all times.
- Gathers, interprets, and prepares data for studies, reports and recommendations; coordinates activities with other departments and agencies as needed.
- Manages the economic development offices social media accounts with a strong understanding of relevant content to the local, national, and international economic development world.
- Coordinates with videographers to showcase properties and community overviews.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive inventory of available buildings and sites in the community for economic development purposes.
- Prepares and maintains information on utilities, taxes, zoning, transportation, community services, financing tools, etc.
- Responds to requests for information for economic development purposes; prepares data sheets and other information; responds tolocal citizens inquiring about localeconomic development activities and opportunities in coordination with the Director and County Public Information Officer.
- Prepares a variety of studies, presentations, reports and related information for decision-making purposes.
- Prepares graphics, charts, tables, promotional materials, etc. for economic development presentations.
- Works with county Grants Coordinator and finance staff on applications related to economic development.
- Coordinates and manages professional service contracts, as assigned.
- Conducts technical research studies and prepares statistical reports.
- Monitors local, state and Federal legislation and regulations relating to economic development, and reports findings, trends and recommendations to the Director.
- Responsible for working with website developers and maintaining content displayed on FCED’s website.
- Maintaining active involvement with existing industry leaders to foster partnerships; being able to analyze, correlate and generate data needed for those leaders to make sound decisions.
- Required flexibility in daily schedule as there is attendance of meetings and events outside the 9am – 5pm work day.
- Serves as a member of various staff committees as assigned.
- Networking with public leaders and business contacts to stay abreast on community developments. Attends professional development workshops and conferences to keep abreast of trends and developments in the field of municipal planning.
- Assists other staff members as needed.
- Provide other related work duties as required.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires a Bachelor's degree in planning, finance, marketing, business, political science or other related field and three to five years of related experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite, PowerPoint, and Excel. Knowledge of data collections through Esri, JobsEQ, and the US Census Bureau is desirable. Must have a valid South Carolina Driver’s License.
FAIRFIELD COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.Apply Online