Office: BUILDING MAINTENANCE
Salary: $14.73 - $20.62/hour (depending on experience)
Announcement Date: 9/4/2019
Closing Date: 9/18/2019
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
Under limited supervision, performs a variety of building maintenance and repair duties in such areas as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, construction, painting, etc. Reports to the Director of Maintenance.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs a variety of building maintenance and repair duties, ensuring that all work is done in accordance with standards and specifications as required by law or policy.
- Performs electrical installations and repairs including such activities as installing and repairing light fixtures, switches, receptacles, fuses, and circuit breakers.
- Maintains and repairs heating and air conditioning systems.
- Performs installations and repairs of plumbing systems.
- Performs general construction duties including carpentry, painting, plastering, concrete finishing, etc.
- Performs sheet metal work as required.
- Performs servicing and repair of voting machines.
- Performs pest control functions.
- Completes required records or logs including mileage sheets, time sheets, vehicle maintenance log, purchase orders, requisitions, etc.
- Directs and oversees the activities of inmates as required.
- Utilizes and/or maintains an assortment of types of machinery and equipment in the performance of daily tasks including carpenter’s/mechanic’s/plumbing/electrician’s tools, cleaning equipment and supplies, landscaping equipment, etc.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists with general cleaning of buildings and maintaining of grounds.
- Sets up rooms for meetings as directed.
- Transports supplies from vendors as required.
- Washes and maintains County vehicles and equipment in good operational condition.
- Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma with vocational/technical school training in HVAC, plumbing, or other building trade and three to five years of practical training and experience in performing general maintenance and repair activities; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities. Must possess a valid SC driver’s license.