Office: Building Maintenance
Salary: $23.29 - $30.00/hour
Announcement Date: 8/11/2021
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
Under limited supervision, performs a variety of building maintenance and repair duties in such areas as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and construction. Reports to the Director of Maintenance.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs a variety of building maintenance and repair duties, ensuring that all work is done in accordance with standards and specifications as required by law or policy.
- Performs electrical installations and repairs including such activities as installing and repairing light fixtures, switches, receptacles, fuses, and circuit breakers.
- Maintains and repairs heating and air conditioning systems.
- Performs installations and repairs of plumbing systems.
- Performs general construction duties including carpentry, painting, plastering, concrete finishing, etc.
- Performs sheet metal work as required.
- Performs servicing and repair of voting machines.
- Completes required records or logs including mileage sheets, time sheets, vehicle maintenance log, purchase orders, requisitions, etc.
- Directs and oversees the activities of inmates as required.
- Utilizes and/or maintains an assortment of types of machinery and equipment in the performance of daily tasks including carpenter’s/mechanic’s/plumbing/electrician’s tools, cleaning equipment and supplies, landscaping equipment, etc.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma with vocational/technical school training in HVAC with at least five years of practical training and experience in performing general maintenance and repair activities; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities. Must possess HVAC and refrigerant recovery certification. Must possess a valid SC driver’s license.
Fairfield County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.