Office: Fire Services
Salary: $15/hour (As-Needed)
Announcement Date: 8/20/2021
GENERAL SUMMARY OF JOB
Responsible for inspecting buildings to ensure they are up to fire code standards. Reports to the County Fire Marshal.
- Inspect buildings and structures to identify potential fire hazards.
- Assist with new construction plans review process and occupancy certifications.
- Ensure buildings are equipped with fire control equipment, including fire extinguishers.
- Locate fire code violations.
- Recommend actions to bring properties into compliance.
- Conduct inspections onsite.
- Check for accumulations of combustible material, electrical wiring problems, and inadequate or non-functional fire exits.
- Test fire protection systems.
- Ensure buildings are in accordance with appropriate laws, codes, ordinances, regulations, and standards.
- Write and file reports.
- Inspect properties that store, handle, and use hazardous materials to ensure compliance with laws, codes, and regulations.
- Keep abreast of current fire safety codes and firefighting procedures.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Certified SC State Fire Marshal
- NFPA Firefighter 1 preferred but not required
- Six years related experience
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Schedule/hours, 20-24 hours per week as needed.
Fairfield County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.