The Fairfield County Detention Center provides inmate visitation 5 days per week. Inmates are allowed one 30-minute visit per week by appointment only. Visiting times will vary depending upon the classification of the inmate. Visits may be subject to monitoring and recording. The following conditions apply for inmate visits:
- Visitation breakdown
- Pre-sentenced inmates may be visited Monday through Friday for 30 minutes each visit by appointment only.
- Inmates placed in Administrative Segregation or Protective Custody may be visited on Fridays for 30 minutes by appointment only.
- Sentenced male inmates are allowed to visit on Saturdays and Sundays from 1:00pm to 4:00pm.
- Sentenced female inmates are allowed to visit on Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00am-12:00pm.
- Visitation booths can accommodate up to 3 visitors at a time.
- Money, food and/or clothes for the Inmate are prohibited. Items such as medications or special medical equipment prescribed by a physician may be accepted with the approval of the facility’s medical staff. Any other items must be approved by the director.
- Any individual that has been previously incarcerated or detained at this facility must wait at least 6 months before they may qualify to visit inmates. Once an individual has been out of jail for 6 months, they may request to have their visitation privilege reinstated in writing or complete a Visitation Reinstatement Request and mail it to the Fairfield County Detention Center.
- Due to Covid-19 visitation may be prohibited or limited.